|Red mullets with basil and Vallée des Baux de Provence PDO olive oil|
Ingredients for 4 persons
Pistou sauce :
Pistou sauce (better to prepare it one or two days before) :
- Blanch tomato and seed it.
- Snip basil leaves and mince tomato pulp.
- Soak with olive oil, 1/2 chopped shallot, sherry vinegar salt and pepper during one or two days (longer it will rest, better it will be).
- Take fillet of red mullets, take fishbones away with tweezers.
- Cook in a frying pan for 3 min, skin side first.
- In the middle, put some minced tomato with olive oil, red mullet fillets on it, then black olives cut in sticks around the plate, snipped basil on red mullets and a spoon of sauce on red mullets.